· Be prepared for higher paying jobs – NOW and later– by gaining training for high demand/high wage positions.
· Be more efficient in their high school and post-secondary experiences. Students will learn skills and tools to work faster and create higher quality products. They also experience the core academics in relevant, differentiated and application-based ways that help students anchor and transfer their knowledge.
· Be prepared for independence. Students learn to manage themselves, their finances, their personal, professional and academic lives, to interact with others successfully and purposefully, to set goals, fulfill responsibilities and to see the big picture in terms of opportunities and challenges ahead!
Sample Business Resume - The Skills You Will Develop!
· Demonstrating the interpersonal, team building, leadership and ethical skills needed to succeed in life.
· Developing team-management, time management, and organizational skills.
· Developing personal consumer economic skills with a knowledge of social and government responsibility.
· Applying the critical-thinking skills needed to function in students’ multiple roles as citizens, consumers, workers, managers, business owners, and directors of their own economic futures.
· Understanding that the various functions of a business are not separate but interrelated, and that each one impacts the other.
· Selecting and applying technology tools for making personal and professional decisions and documents.
· Developing an awareness of career opportunities and their individual interests, the ever-evolving requirements of the workplace, and the relationship of lifelong learning to career success.
· Understanding the interdependence of essential communication, research, literacy, (reading, writing, listening, speaking) and math skills as they connect to the business environment.