LHS is now a wireless HOTSPOT! Littleton High School is pleased to announce that along with the other schools in the district, we now have guest wireless access. ANYONE with a wireless device (laptop, cell phone, PDA) is now able to access the internet via PODNet. PODNet is protected by the same internet filtering software as is currently in place on our wired network. This connection will provide access to any internet based application such as: Internet Explorer and the Infinite Campus Portal. PODNet will not allow you to login to the network, therefore, you will not be able to use: Building printers, User folders or Network applications.
This filtered Internet service is provided Monday through Friday for use by Littleton Public Schools staff members, students and guests.
- Littleton Public Schools will not be held liable for any damage that may occur as a result of connecting to the LPS PODNet Wireless Network or any electrical power source.
- Littleton Public Schools will not be held responsible for any physical damage, loss or theft of the personally-owned device.
- The LPS PODNet Wireless Network will provide filtered Internet access and related web-based services only.
- Littleton Public Schools reserves the right to inspect, at any time, any personally-owned device while connected to the LPS PODNet Wireless Network. Any other inspection of any personally-owned device is subject to the requirements set forth in the Student Code of Conduct.
- Personally-owned devices will only be connected to the network at designated locations.
- Littleton Public Schools will not be obligated to supply electrical power access where such access does not already exist.
- Student use of personally-owned devices in the classroom setting will be at the discretion of the classroom teacher.
- Persons connecting computers to the LPS PODnet Wireless Network agree to maintain current anti-virus software enabled on their computers.
- Illegal, destructive, harmful or any other inappropriate activities, including, but not limited to computer hacking, cyber-bullying, accessing offensive/obscene materials, engaging in illegal activity are strictly prohibited as set forth in District policies JS Student Use of the Internet, GBEE Staff Use of District Technology and EGAEA Electronic Mail and Internet Use (policies available online at http://www.littletonpublicschools.net/PolicySearchCode/query.htm)
- The parents and/or guardians of any student bringing personal technology to school agree to be responsible for and to reimburse Littleton Public Schools for any damage that their student may cause arising out of and relating to the use of the LPS PODNet Wireless Network with his/her personally-owned device.